Nothing cheers me up like the cool, brisk air of autumn and a warm mug of chamomile lavender tea. Sigh. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner!!!
And you know what that means :)
Pumpkin Chocolate Walnut Cookies
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite bloggers found here.
- 1.5 cups almond flour/meal
- 3/4 cup 100% flax flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Event though this recipe isn't a super healthy alternative, it is still way better for you than these monsters.
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for approximately 13-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
(Don't judge my cooking sheet because I use it. Those colors are beautiful and represent lots of incredible delicious moments in my mouth.
Don't judge my cooking sheet because I actually use it. Those dark splotchy colors are beautiful and represent lots of incredible delicious moments in my mouth.
Just out of the oven!
I bagged them up and gave them to a friend for her birthday. Cute/inexpensive/thoughtful gifts are the way to go. Always.
(Please excuse Joel's picture-taking disability. Love you babe!)
I hope your fall is off to a great start!