Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

11/9/12

Paleo/Gluten Free/Vegan Home-made Ice Cream

Like my post titles?? I am very creative. 

I also love apples. 

Sigh. Fall is so my favorite season. 

 
 
Anywho!

Last night I was CRAVING (ladies, you know what I'm talking about) ice cream. Like really badly. Like, I-am-going-to-drive-to-the-store-and-eat-an-entire--pint-of-Ben & Jerry's kind of craving.

Here's how I deal:

Pumpkin Banana Home Made "ice cream". 

 It's brilliant, because it makes your craving go away and it's super good for you AND low in cals! 
 
Here's what you need:

1 1/2 cups Pumpkin (the can needs to say 100% pumpkin!)
4 frozen bananas
1 tsp maple syrup
Cinnamon
Cocoa powder
Dash of almond/soy milk

Just in case you were interested:

Here are six reasons why you should eat tons of pumpkin: 
 
1. It's loaded with cartinoids.
2. It contains 3 grams of fiber per serving.
3. It promotes production of the anti-oxidant beta carotene.
4. It contains the amino acid tryptophan, which helps the production of serotonin. 
(aka it makes your mood happy)
5. One cup has 564 milligrams of potassium (oh daaaang). 
6. 1 Cup contains more than 200% of your daily intake of Vitamin A.

(source)
 
Anyways, 

Now that you know why you should make this incredible dessert, all you need to do is blend all of the ingredients in a food processor and voila!!!!


Happy Travels!

<3 Beth
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG that sounds like such an amazing recipe! Normally when I crave it's ice cream or dark chocolate, but dark chocolate isn't too bad for ya in small amounts, right??

    ReplyDelete