Well hello there!
I have been M.I.A. and super, super busy.
Joel and I are moving, a couple girls and I just planned/executed a Bridal Shower, still doing youth ministry stuff, blogging elsewhere...
I have simply been on the go for six weeks straight!
My sister-in-law (pictured above) is getting married in four weeks.
While this is all very exciting, I have one slight (okay, huge) problem:
My bridesmaid dress doesn't fit!!!!
I ordered it in a size six, my normal size, but when it came in the zipper literally won't go all the way up by about 3 inches.
At first, I was worried.
But then I remembered that since the 30-day-Paleo challenge ended the last week of January, I have gained about four pounds (dang you gluten!!!!), so I know I have some weight I can lose to make the dress fit.
And lucky for me, my fellow bridesmaid and sister in law is facing the same problem with her dress, so I concocted a nutrition/work out plan that will help our dresses zip all the way to the top :)
Below is a great view of the culprit that has created my most recent problem.
OPERATION: FIT INTO BRIDESMAID DRESSES BY MARCH 22 @ 3 PM
By Bethany Thompson
Basics of the Eating Plan:
1. Clean Eating – NO processed sugar, alcohol, empty carbs, or saturated fats
2. Water – DRINK 100 OUNCES PER DAY
3. Green Tea (no honey) at 3PM every day (if possible!)
4. Eat every two hours
5. Main meals should be eaten until full (do not starve yourself!)
6. No carbs after 6 pm (unless berries)
7. Drink “Metabolism Boost” every morning upon waking up
8. Exercise 5 days per week
9. Sleep at least seven hours every night
10. Go-to warm drinks are green tea and hot water with lemon (try to cut coffee out if possible)
11. Don’t think about what you can’t have. If you have a craving, go for a walk, drink some tea, or just walk away.
12. Try to dispose of all sugar/tempting foods – the less you have to see it the better (Emily – maybe ask your mom to put the dessert pile inside the cabinets so that you don’t see it every time you walk into the kitchen?)
Basics of the Workout Plan:
1. Try to work out for at least 30 minutes six days per week. Three days of hard cardio, two days of strength training, one day of easy cardio/abs.
2. Try to incorporate high intensity interval training (HIIT) into every workout. The higher your heart rate goes, the more calories you burn.
3. Try to work out until exhausted (aka until you absolutely CANT do another rep or another jump, etc), give yourself a 30 second rest, and then go for it again.
4. EVERY MORNING when first out of bed, hold the plank position for as long as you can. This will awaken abs, arms, butt, heart, and will get your metabolism going immediately, which is ideal for calorie burning throughout the day.
5.. Stretch your back, spine, and abs every day to slim the waist and make it smaller!
MEALS FOR WEEK 1
|Breakfast||Snack 1||Lunch||Snack 2||Dinner||Snack 3|
|Sunday||2 Eggs w/ Fruit of choice||Fruit of choice||Chicken, Romain Lettuce, lemon juice, balsamic vinigar, 1 tomato, cucumber||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||Out w/friends - some kind of protein and vegetable||Herbal Tea|
|Monday||Oatmeal w/almond milk, Greek yogurt, Banana, and Cinnamon||Fruit of choice||Open faced Sandwich: Ezekiel Bread, Chicken, hummus, spinach, tomato, cucumber, mustard, seasonings w/ side of raw veggie of choice||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||Veggie-tomato-sausage stew||Herbal Tea|
|Tuesday||2 Eggs w/ Fruit of choice||Fruit of choice||Leftovers||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||Baked lemon chicken w/steamed broccoli and brown rice||Herbal Tea|
|Wednesday||Smoothie: Almond milk, banana, cocoa powder, spinach, berries, Greek yogurt||Almonds & Fruit of choice||Leftovers||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||Protein-style burger w/ romain lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado, hummus & half of a sweet potato||Herbal Tea|
|Thursday||Oatmeal w/almond milk, Greek yogurt, Banana, and Cinnamon||Fruit of choice||Leftovers||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||"Taco" salad - Romain lettuce, lemon, salsa, peppers, black beans, ground beef taco style, corn, red onions, olives||Herbal Tea|
|Friday||2 Eggs w/ Fruit of choice||Fruit of choice||Open faced Sandwich: Ezekiel bread, Chicken, hummus, spinach, tomato, cucumber, mustard, seasonings w/ side of raw veggie of choice||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea||Pizza! Whole wheat crust, tomato paste, skim mozzerella cheese, peppers, olives, broccoli||Herbal Tea|
|***EQUIP is this weekend. DO NOT eat all the snacks!!! Pack|
|Saturday||Equip Conference: Fruit & Protein. NO yogurt as the yogurt they serve has tons of sugar||Bring some almonds to snack on||Whatever is healthiest at Equip. Preferably a salad and a protein (meat)||Vegetable of Choice & Cup of Green Tea - there will definitely be green tea at Equip||Out w/friends - some kind of protein and vegetable||Herbal Tea|
|***NOTE: You can eat as many fruits and vegetables as you want!!! No limit.|
I also put Emily on an AT-HOME workout schedule. It is a compilation of the best You Tube workout videos and running :) No weights, no cost, and it is super convenient.
YOU CAN TOTALLY GET IN SHAPE AND NOT HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP!!
Below is her workout schedule for the week :) Enjoy!
Week 1: February 25-March 3
Monday: Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred
Run 15 minutes
Tuesday: 5 of any videos from this link: http://www.dailyhiit.com/videos
Run 20 minutes
Running Intervals – try doing these at a park or treadmill so you can sprint on grass (5 min warm up jog, run 2 minutes, sprint 1 minute, walk 30 seconds, and repeat that cycle for 30 minutes. Cool down: walk five minutes. STRETCH.)
Do these three videos:
1. Tone It Up Butt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEQ_HWwJKg&list=PLoF7Or9dN9vJfCgmP-abiDi8pCk4n4gAw&index=11
2. Tone It Up Abs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sEYZzFn2I&list=PLoF7Or9dN9vJfCgmP-abiDi8pCk4n4gAw&index=4
1. Pop Pilates: HIIT / Abs
2. If you have more time, try to do a 30 minute interval run (same as Wednesday), or even a 10 minute interval run if limited on time!
Below is a random picture I found on Pinterest and absolutely LOVE.
If you want to participate with us and slim down in the next four weeks, comment below or email me and I will get the meal plan/workout plan to you!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a dietitian!! Please consult your doctor before starting any exercise or nutrition program. It is very important that you take precautions when changing your dietary and exercise habits! Everything I post is purely based on experience and my own personal research and therefore is NOT professional advise.
Joel and I recently celebrated our one year anniversary! Below are some pictures from our wedding day and our anniversary getaway to La Jolla ;)
Have a happy Monday!